Table of Contents
Due to the alternate freezing and thawing cycle, heaving concrete cracks are formed.
✔ Normally, the ground rises when it freezes and settles back down during the thawing action.
In condition, if the concrete associated with the soil does not rise and subsequently settles down with the soil then also cracks may develop in it.
Moreover, the deep spreading roots of trees may also cause a similar rise of the ground thereby forming heave cracks.
1. Causes of Heaving Concrete Cracks
Some of the causes of heaving concrete cracks can be listed as follows:
1. Alternate freezing and thawing cycle.
2. Roots of the trees.
3. Abnormal soil condition causing uplift.
2. Prevention of Heaving Concrete Cracks
Some of the preventive measures to prevent such cracks are as follows:
1. Adequate planning to minimize such causes.
2. Placing concrete in a suitable location as far as possible.
|Read Also: 6 Types of cracks in concrete|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?