Table of Contents
Construction of any project consists of planning, scheduling, and managing work. Before starting the construction the planning and management should be carried out.
1. Construction Scheduling
Scheduling is an essential phase of any construction project and is inevitable for the successful completion of the project within the planned time and budget.
Generally, scheduling can be defined as the process of listing all the activities to be carried out with the planned start and completion dates.
In this regard, the Construction Schedule refers to the graphical representation that depicts the starting and completing dates of each task and the sequential relationship among the various activities in a construction project.
2. Uses of Construction Scheduling
Some of the main uses of construction scheduling can be listed as follows:
1. Construction scheduling gives information regarding the quantity of work, labor, machinery, equipment, etc required for a particular period.
2. The progress of the work and the expenditure can be checked and duly adjusted.
3. The project can be completed systematically and effectively.
3. Benefits of Construction Scheduling
The major benefits of construction scheduling are as follows:
1. The resources required at various phases of work execution can be listed and duly procured thereby preventing the shortage and overbuying of resources.
2. The alternative methods of work execution can be evaluated and the most feasible alternative can be selected.
3. The work progress can be well monitored and evaluated.
4. Construction scheduling delivers the starting and completion dates of each activity and thus optimization of resources can be managed.
5. It prevents undue delay and extension of time.
6. It helps to complete the entire project within the planned approved budget preventing cost overrun.
4. Types of Construction Scheduling
The various types of construction schedules can be listed as follows:
1. Construction Material Schedule
2. Labor Schedule
3. Equipment Schedule
4. Financial Schedule
5. Control Schedule
6. Organization Schedule
7. Summary Schedule
8. Control Schedule
5. Preparation of Construction Schedule
The preparation of a construction schedule includes the following series of steps:
1. First of all, the entire project is divided into several activities or operations, and the relation among the sequence of activities is established.
2. Then, the quantity of the work to be executed at each task or activity is determined.
3. Finally, the time necessary for the completion of each activity, as well as the total completion time, is determined.
1. Content Filter & Authenticity Checking Team, Dream Civil International
(Our team checks every content & detail to maintain quality.)
Read More: Construction Waste
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?